Fal Energy LEAF mtg: 20th April 2012 at Rob’s.
Attendees: Rob, Caroline, Nigel, Lorely(notes) Working meeting on computers.
FEP on falmouthalive website:
- New words agreed and put on main page.
- Link made to Caroline’s graphics, vision document and the FEP Pack pages.
- History page updated.
- Caroline to send low res pdfs (of vision and FEP Pack) and style guide to Rob.
- Lorely to produce report of last 3 months activities.
- Caroline to produce Mail chimp newsletter.
- Lorely to keep lists of interested and members etc.
- Rob to produce a discussion email group. Invite to be announced through the newsletter – Caroline. Lorely to contact existing emailees to let them know.
- Nigel added as recipient of firstname.lastname@example.org which also goes to Charmian, Caroline and Lorely.
FEP dedicated Website
- Rob will start to produce a dedicated website and happy to lead dependent on agreement from ALL on info address and the wider group as to content and their full participation in the process.
- Website can be completed by Rob after April.
- Website to be built using WordPress and interactive.
- Nigel producing draft application membership form.
- A membership button to go on website for virtual joining.
- Legal establishment has not been confirmed yet.
FEP Energy Packs:
- Volunteers – Rob, Philip, Wendy, Rachel and Lorely (2 sessions) have completed the 2000 packs.
- Collection points – OneStop Shops and Libraries in Falmouth and Penryn plus the following shops in the surrounding villages have the packs for collection: Budock Village Stores, Constantine Post Office, Flushing Stores, Longdowns Petrol Station, Mabe Shop, Mawnan Post Office, Mylor Stores, Perranwell Station Post Office and Ponsanooth Post Office, plus Tremough.
- All the Estate Agents offices in Falmouth have packs and student letting agents.
- Press release re collection points for FEP Packs has gone to West Briton and Falmouth Packet.
- 15 boxes of packs are being stored in Falmouth OneStopShop, can be collected any time shop open.
- Some shops only took a few so need regular contacting to top up.
- A monthly stall on The Moor is being organised. Ruth covering insurance through Falmouth Town Council. It will be a Community Alive Falmouth stall with specifics about Fal Energy. Date for start being discussed – could be 1st Sat of each month?
- 5th May 350.org ‘Joining the Dots’ global event day – what can we do?
- Meeting mid May to start membership drive.
- Camp Kernow keen to support our activities.
- Lorely to purchase a mobile demonstration energy set up for demonstration at events and at Trevone.
- The LEAF fund work is being completed. All activities had to be completed by end of March. All reports have to be in by 30th April.
Misc: 21st and 22nd April – activities at Trevone to support 10:10’s Remade Month – skill sharing and repairing, and Earth Day on Sunday.
Next Meeting: tba
Fal Energy LEAF mtg: 27th April 2012 at Caroline’s.
Attendees: Caroline. Lorely (notes) Working meeting on final report for LEAF.
Hot map success:
- A local company is happy to pay £50 to be added to the hot map and others following therefore accountant and bank needed asap.
- Accountant: Lorely to contact Volunteer Cornwall to advertise for a volunteer.
- Bank: Social Enterprise not yet confirmed so no bank account but Transition Falmouth has an available bank account that could hold funds until then.
- Caroline willing to manage Hotmap and money coming in while it is active.
- Caroline to produce a thank you letter for distribution points/shops etc with info on the hotmap. Lorely to distribute.
FEP Energy Packs:
725 have been distributed. 1275 available for events and to top up distribution ships etc.
- Community Alive on The Moor with FEP promotion next Sat 5th May to link with ‘Connect he Dots’ global initiative for 350.org.
- Regular 1st Sat on The Moor planned.
LEAF Report: deadline Monday 30th April. Caroline producing Community Activities graphic report, Charmian finalising technical report.
Fal Energy Transport Group: Meeting to be arranged asap.